Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Porter Stansberry letter of economic gloom and doom

Tags: finacial disaster, US debt, economy, collapse, doom, gloom [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to Economics and Business | Reply to Topic ]
Elm Nehmara Grand RapidsPosted: Nov 29, 2011 - 19:20
(0)

I don't deal well with shrillers

Level: 1
CS Original
From http://islamicfinanceonline.blogspot.com/

I don't know who this guy is but this is a very interesting read, though a bit long. I am wondering if there is any merit in this or is this just conspiracy theory fearmongering.

I reference our success and experience with Wall Street's latest crisis because we believe there is an even bigger crisis lurking - something that will shake the very foundation of America.

And that is why I've spent a significant amount of time and money in the past few months preparing this letter.

In short, I want to talk about a specific event that will take place in America's very near future... which could actually bring our country and our way of life to a grinding halt.

This looming crisis is related to the financial crisis of 2008... but it is infinitely more dangerous, as I'll explain in this letter.

As this problem comes to a head, I expect there to be riots in the streets... arrests on an unprecedented scale... and martial law, enforced by the U.S. military.

Believe me, I don't make this prediction lightly and I have no interest in trying to scare you.

That's just one quote, like I said, it's pretty long.
#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Nov 29, 2011 - 19:32
(1)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original
#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Nov 29, 2011 - 19:35
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original
Stansberry is pretty much all economic doom and gloom and fearmongering. And scammy.

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/complaints/comp18090.htm
http://briandeer.com/vaxgen/porter-stansberry.htm
#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Nov 29, 2011 - 19:35
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original
Porter Stansberry & Pirate Investor scam nailed in SEC investment fraud lawsuit

http://briandeer.com/vaxgen/stansberry-fraud.htm
#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Nov 29, 2011 - 23:32
(0)

Level: 8
CS Original
Porter Stansberry? Is he one of Alex Jones budies?
#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Nov 29, 2011 - 23:35
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original
Not totally sure, but I THINK Jones has cited Stansberry before.
#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
emcadaPosted: Nov 30, 2011 - 01:07
(0)

Level: 0
The people that buy into his recent tip are going to need that food, water, and medical supply once they lose their cash.
#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
emcadaPosted: Nov 30, 2011 - 01:08
(0)

Quote from Joe

Porter Stansberry? Is he one of Alex Jones budies?

The infowars site has a link to a video of his proclaiming his doom and gloom. It's the same one Elm Nehmara Grand Rapids was referring to.
#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Nov 30, 2011 - 01:23
(3)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

Level: 8
CS Original
Apparently he's friends with Doug Casey, and like many other "successful" free market capitalists, he didn't get rich with actual industrialism, rather just by selling books, talks, etc on how free market capitalism is better. Typical. Plus he contributes to films that talk about how the fall of America is literally the end of the world.
#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Nov 30, 2011 - 01:49
(1)

Level: 6
CS Original
He's part of Agora, a libertardian web-publishing house. They sell everything from tax fraud how-to guides to doomsday preparation. Pretty successfully, too.
#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Nov 30, 2011 - 08:48
(1)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original
If you go to people like Porter Stansberry for tax advice, the only doomsday you'll need to prepare for is federal prison.
#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Nov 30, 2011 - 13:19
(1)

CS Original
Their advice is so bad, I used to read it for laughs.

Want to open new investment opportunities? Get an offshore brokerage account and funnel your money through that - no country has total control over you and you're safe from evil gubbermints!

Well, almost. Turns out offshore banks aren't completely retarded and will figure out if you're just using their services as a first wall of defense. The nicer one might just terminate your contract, everybody else is going to report you.
#12 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
PathfinderPosted: Nov 30, 2011 - 19:39
(0)

This apple is your CT. Princess Luna represents logic.

Level: 1
CS Original
Doom and gloom must be a drug for people like him. For him to create a video over an hour long explaining his crazy ideas...it is just mind-blowing.
#13 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Dec 01, 2011 - 00:07
(0)

CS Original
It's all show. Agora-founder Mark Ford alias Michael Masterson uses videos to sell most of his stuff. It's not even a bad tactic, these things tend to outperform text by 2-6 percentage points in total conversion.

If you want experience disgust, visit clickbank.com and check the marketplace for common CT/doomsday keywords. This stuff is selling like crazy, no wonder there are so many end time prophets around.
#14 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Dec 01, 2011 - 09:08
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original
Obvious point, but someone has to make it. The economic end times has become it's own little part of the market. If the economic end times are coming, what the hell do its peddlers need so much money for? Just asking.
#15 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
emcadaPosted: Dec 01, 2011 - 13:52
(0)

Quote from Wolf Bird

Obvious point, but someone has to make it. The economic end times has become it's own little part of the market. If the economic end times are coming, what the hell do its peddlers need so much money for? Just asking.

So they have cash. Remember these are con artists.
#16 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Dec 01, 2011 - 13:57
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original
Well, it's one of those things that I wish people who buy into these guys would ask themselves.
#17 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
live and learnPosted: Jun 02, 2014 - 18:55
(1)

correct me if I'm wrong, but Stansberry basically keeps publishing the same "doom and gloom" crap every year, he just changes the doom date(s) to make it seem current and up to date. For example: http://www.dailypaul.com/312861/obama-s-new-july-1st-2014-law-will-shock-most-americans

he's claiming something about july 1st 2014, some new law that Obama has signed and more doom and gloom about the us dollar collapsing. Isn't this the same shit he was scamming people with back around 2011?? only thing that seemed to have changed is the year that he claims shit will hit the fan.
#18 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]