Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Why anyone who believes RT (RussiaToday) is naive

Tags: propaganda, Russia Today, RT, RussiaToday., blind obedience [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to Politics | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Jul 07, 2011 - 01:13
(1)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

Level: 8
CS Original

1) It's owned by the Russian government
2) It's run by the Russian government
3) It's broadcast only in English
4) Most Russians speak only Russian
5) It only covers bad things that happen in NATO countries.
6) It's not directly available in Russia, only online here.

#3 and #4 are important because it shows "RussiaToday" isn't meant for Russians. The point of it is to make NATO countries look bad. They think promoting conspiracy theories like 9/11 and so forth will make the US, England, and so forth look like bad countries, when in fact Putin is a virtual dictator.

If you point these major, easily provable, facts out to conspiracy theorists, they laugh at you. Apparently it's okay for the Russian state to run the media, but anything any other government says is automatically a lie. This proves without a doubt that any conspiracy theorist using RT as evidence doesn't care at all about truth only about pushing their agenda.

This is why RT exists, it is simply an anti-NATO propaganda machine, and because of huge interest of western conspiracy theorists the producers at RT think that they're winning the propaganda war. The problem, of course, that RT hasn't realized yet is most people think RT is stupid and that there's a fringe minority that believe in blindly and promote it.

I think once RT figures out their message actually isn't going as far as they want it to, they will start to change it to make it more palatable for average Americans.

I mean, how is this any different from taking Iskra and the original Pravda and saying "Look at the truth!"? It isn't, it's the same thing, often even written by the same people. Do you think Putin has been in charge for so long just because he's loved so much? Do you think the fact that he was head of the KGB at one time has nothing to do with him creating things like RT?

Come on.

From now on, when someone links RT, just link them to this forum post.

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jul 07, 2011 - 01:32
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original

RUSSIANS TELL THE TRUTH CAUSE THEIR COMMUNISTS!

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Jul 07, 2011 - 02:55
(0)

Brainwashing you for money

Level: 15
CS Original

RUSSIANS TELL THE TRUTH I HAVE TALKED TO HUNDREDS OF RUSSIAN WOMEN IN EMAIL AND THEY ALL LOVE ME AND WANT TO MARRY ME.

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jul 07, 2011 - 06:55
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original

I think the use of Russia Today by CTers is a classic case of confirmation bias. It's equivalent to their use of mainstream media when it agrees with them. Any source that agrees with them is a good one, regardless of who owns/runs it or whether the information is actually true.

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
freeflyerPosted: Jul 07, 2011 - 12:24
(0)

Level: 0

Thanks Rox. I posted these points to Stefan's Molyneux facebook wall. He seems to be proud to be on that channel

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jul 07, 2011 - 15:37
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original

^ I think Stefan's Molyneux is in Desteni.

#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]