Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - O'Donnell: Prayer For My Campaign 'Plays A Direct Role' In The Polls

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to Politics | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Oct 25, 2010 - 17:34
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

In an interview with David Brody on the Christian Broadcasting Network, Delaware Republican Senate nominee Christine O'Donnell expanded on her previous statements that her campaign for Senate is a mission from God. Indeed, she added that an improvement in the polls was divine intervention, an answer to the prayers of her supporters.

"God is the reason that I'm running," said O'Donnell. "If I didn't believe that there were a cause greater than myself worth fighting for, if I didn't believe that it takes a complete dying of self to make things right in this election cycle I would not be running and when you die to yourself you rely on a power greater than yourself so prayer is what's gotten us all through.

"The day that we saw a spike in the polls was a day that some people had a prayer meeting for me that morning for this campaign so I believe that prayer plays a direct role in this campaign and I always ask please pray for the campaign; please pray for our staff; please pray specifically that the eyes of the voters be opened."

The TPM Poll Average has Democrat Chris Coons leading O'Donnell by 55.5%-37.2%, despite the one narrower poll that O'Donnell appeared to be referring to. Hmm -- if O'Donnell were to win this election, that really would be a miracle!

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/10/odonnell-prayer-for-my-campaign-plays-a-direct-role-in-the-polls-video.php

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Oct 25, 2010 - 17:51
(0)

Level: 12
CS Original

just quit politics already

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
domokatoPosted: Oct 25, 2010 - 19:35
(0)

Level: 4
CS Original

I guess it'll be "God's plan" when she loses too. "God works in mysterious ways" amirite Christine?

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Oct 25, 2010 - 20:13
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

Level: 8
CS Original

God doesn't work at all.

All those prayers asking for sexy naked women, all for naught...

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Oct 25, 2010 - 20:35
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original
#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Oct 25, 2010 - 20:50
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

Level: 8
CS Original