Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Paultards 15 minutes are up

Tags: Golden, Ron Paul, Paultards [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to Politics | Reply to Topic ]
scitopsPosted: Jan 06, 2012 - 12:46
(3)

Level: 4
CS Original
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/tygrrrr-express/2012/jan/6/iowa-caucus-epilogue-paulbots-15-minutes-are

LOS ANGELES, Janaury 6, 2012 -- The Iowa Caucus came and went, and the message a certain astute (and quite handsome) conservative columnist offered months ago has been proven correct. New Hampshire will only delay the inevitable cold slap of reality that normal Earthlings in South Carolina will eagerly convey to the Paulbots.

So with resounding glee, let the same message be said again to every Ron Paul supporter who shouted down other speakers, astroturfed message boards, and yelled at dissenters either in person or in all capital letters on the information superhighway.

Listen closely Paulbots.

You don't matter.

It's over. Your 15 minutes are up. You can now go back to arguing with inanimate objects because the people are not listening.

Writing about you is not a sign of fear, desperation, or acknowledgment of your movement being successful. It is not a ploy to build blog traffic since the world would be better off if you all lit your keyboards on fire and never sent another hate-filled rant ever again.

This is sheer joy and nothing more. The revolution will not be televised. The barbarians will not storm the gates. The Grand Old Party held a "primary," and normal, mainstream candidates won.

Sure, the third place candidate has supporters claiming that third is really first.

The third best football team does not even get to the Super Bowl, much less win it.

Those who embrace third as a victory should move to Bangladesh. First World nations are so yesterday with their old math and reasonable standards of living.

Even better than watching Ron Paul lose in Iowa was watching him lose to Neoconservatives.

Yes, the Zionist Neocon donkey aggressor infidels told Ron Paul supporters where to stick their Jew-hatred disguised as non-interventionism.

The Paulbots are now officially Pauloholics. The political equivalents of Betty Ford centers are overflowing with Pauloholics desperately trying to grasp where it all went wrong.

The answers are so simple, and anyone not supporting Ron Paul saw this coming a mile away.

All of the money in the world will not help if people don't like you. The least likable people on political Earth are college students. College students are not seasoned political operatives. They think that the art of persuasion comes with winning a "rankout" contest, which stops being useful once one leaves junior high school. Students learn from academics, and most people who work for a living are not impressed with academics. Real people who actually do stuff have no patience for young theorists who received diplomas by regurgitating nonsense back to older theorists.

Bullying people is not the same as persuading them. Lighting up message boards with insults, "LOLs," and other attacks has the exact opposite effect of what persuasion is all about.

So to all of those dopey automatons under 25, it is high time some simple facts of life be explained.

Older people vote in larger numbers than younger people. Older people don't like to be spoken to in a condescending manner. In most nations, the elderly are revered. Young people listen and learn.

Older people are not interested in revolutions. They want slow, incremental, evolutionary change. They want to reform the system, not blow it up.

Many older people have no idea how the internet works. They are not hip, cool, or trendy. They have never read an internet message board. While young people are typing away on keyboards, older people are busy saving the world from real threats.

The Ron Paul supporters were absolutely convinced he would win based on "evidence" that would never stand up to actual scrutiny.

Comments on internet columns do not represent vote totals. More than 90% of those commenting on my columns supported Ron Paul. Maybe 1% if that supported Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum. They won. Dr. Paul lost.

The number of "likes" on a column does not matter. While Ron Paul people were busy social networking, supporters of other candidates were doing real networking. Real networking does not just involve talking. It involves listening. Ron Paul supporters tell people why they have to support Ron Paul. Rick Santorum went to all 99 counties in Iowa and asked people what mattered to them.

Other candidates downplayed expectations. Ron Paul supporters raised them. Again, evidence did not matter.

For every Paulbot bragging about the millions of dollars Dr. Paul raised, there was a Steve Forbes or Ross Perot supporter who understood that money could not buy love, votes, or better ears. Mitt Romney also raised millions of dollars. His supporters did not brag about it because classy people do not discuss money. Proper breeding wins out over desperate attempts to appear bigger than one actually is.

For every person claiming to be Jewish who supported Ron Paul, finding 100 others who did not was an easy task.

For every current military person or veteran who supported Dr. Paul, there were plenty of those fine men and women backing other candidates.

All that money. All those internet message boards. All of those screaming college students. All in all it added up to nothing.

Fine, call it third. Lamar Alexander was a close third. In "The Ballad of Ricky Bobby," Will Ferrell summed it up best. "If you're not first, you're last."

Years and years of campaigning led to Paulbots being forced to accept that almost 80% of Iowa Caucus attendees voted for someone other than Ron Paul.

Sure, the Paulbots could claim that nobody had more than 25%. This is not the same as 75% of voters being against those candidates. Michele Bachmann and Rick Perry have supporters who could easily vote for Rick Santorum. Even supporters of Newt Gingrich and Jon Huntsman could vote for Mitt Romney after swallowing hard.

Ron Paul supporters never grasped that their blind devotion to him was matched by a hardened intensity against him. There is an "anyone but Ron Paul" group of voters, and they are growing by the day.

Paul supporters will not change their tactics or strategy. They can't. Verbal carpet-bombing of anyone disagreeing with them is all they have left. They will go down kicking, screaming, and perhaps even biting.

Yet go down they will.

So to every Pauloholic entering political detoxification, leave your keyboards behind. Otherwise, you will never get better.

Ron Paul may win some votes in New Hampshire, especially if enough Democrats vote in the open primary and deliberately support him to prolong the process in the hopes of creating chaos.

South Carolina is the real world. Only Republicans get to decide the GOP nominee. South Carolina has a strong military presence, and the totals for Ron Paul will be more embarrassing than the behavior of his most belligerent supporters.

To the rest of America, just enjoy the peace and quiet. Enjoy the sounds of silence. Sanity and normalcy have been restored. The silent majority won, and mainstream America marches on.

To the Paul supporters, your abusive behavior is why your comeuppance is so fantastic. Andy Warhol would not have liked you. 79% of Iowa Caucus voters also knew better.

So let it be said again and again until you learn how to treat people, including Neoconservatives, with human dignity.

Paulbots: You don't matter
#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
scitopsPosted: Jan 06, 2012 - 12:47
(1)

Level: 4
CS Original
Of course the idea Rick Santorum is a mainstream candidate is laughable.
#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 06, 2012 - 16:31
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original
The columnist was clearly paid by a shadowy group to write that all that horrible disinformation.
#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Jan 06, 2012 - 16:54
(2)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

Level: 8
CS Original
The best part of the entire thing is that Paultards do exactly what the author said they did in the comment section of that article.

You DON'T GET IT, Paul always will win! IT'S A REVOLUTION!
#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Jan 06, 2012 - 19:23
(0)

Paid Disinformation Blogger

Level: 14
CS Original
Quote from Wolf Bird

The columnist was clearly paid by a shadowy group to write that all that horrible disinformation.

Yeah, a shadowy group called the Unification Church. I'm told the site this was posted on belongs to the Moonies.

I don't think that diminishes the opinions in the column, but when I posted this on Twitter I got some push back from people asking me why I was linking a Moonie site. (For the record those people agreed with the columnist's view on Paultards).
#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
emcadaPosted: Jan 07, 2012 - 21:56
(-1)

Level: 0
#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Jan 08, 2012 - 16:57
(0)

CS Original
So when will be the last day in Government for the old, big ear little weirdo so that I can mark in on my calendar?
#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Jan 16, 2012 - 21:35
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

CS Original
TOO MANY RON PAUL SUPPORTERS IN MY HOMETOWN FUCK THIS SHIT.
#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]