Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - I banned Lew Rockewell from my blog

Tags: Lew Rockwell, libertarianism [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to Politics | Reply to Topic ]
shamsham1090Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 14:31
(0)

Level: 0
I frequently follow Lew Rockwell the American libertarian, political commentator, activist, and chairman of the Ludwig von Mises Institute. I previously linked on my blog his radio show podcast and website (LewRockwell.com). Last month, I decided to remove both his radio show and website from my blog. I came to that decision after he did a radio show promoting and endorsing harmful pseudo-scientific medical myths.
From that show's web page:

"Then, there are the harmful elements pushed upon us by the State,which we should not be getting at all, like fluoride which causes brain disorders, vaccines which cause autism and statins which inhibit healthy cells. Dr. Miller keeps close watch on government-enslaved doctors and the lying propaganda of the pill-pushers." [10/26/11 LewRockwell.com]

The American Dental and Hygiene Association has rebuked these claims about fluoride. Also vaccines DO NOT cause autism. Why that myth won't die.

After looking into what other controversial things Rockwell is into and linked to, I found other non-economics related reasons to distance myself from what could be seen by some as an endorsement of his beliefs. The reason I had his website listed and linked was for another libertarian viewpoint in my blogroll section. Unfortunately he's gone to far that it should concern libertarians as to where libertarianism will go as a movement with the influence Lew Rockewell has.
for links on this post follow here http://usaintelreport.blogspot.com/2011/11/lew-rockwell-has-been-banned-from.html
#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: Jan 04, 2012 - 15:58
(0)

Bacon Pancakes! Making Bacon Pancakes, take some Bacon and I'll put it in a Pancake! Bacon Pancakes that's what it's gonna make...Bacon Pancaaaaaake!! ♪

Level: 3
I stopped reading it a while back because of his 9/11 twoofer shit.
#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
shamsham1090Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 16:56
(2)

Level: 0
I like your profile description
#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]