Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Palin Aide: Crosshairs On Target List Not Actually Gun Sights

Tags: false flag, beat off, shootings, Jared Lee Loughner, Sarah Palin [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to Politics | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 09, 2011 - 10:22
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

An aide to Sarah Palin claims the crosshairs depicted in her now-infamous target list of Democrats were not actually gun-sights, and that it's "obscene" and "appalling" to blame Palin for the shooting.

"We never ever, ever intended it to be gun sights. It was simply cross-hairs like you'd see on maps," said Rebecca Mansour on the Tammy Bruce radio show. Moreover, there was "nothing irresponsible" about the image, and to draw a line connecting Palin and Saturday's shooting is "obscene" and "appalling."

You can see the original image below. Mansour called the crosshairs "surveyor marks." Palin has removed the list from her PAC website, but not from her Facebook page.

"I don't understand how anybody could be held responsible for somebody who is completely mentally unstable like this. Where I come from the person that is actually shooting is the one that's culpable," Mansour said, before intimating that the suspect, Jared Loughner, is actually a liberal. "It seems that he people that knew him said that he was left-wing and very liberal -- but that is not to say that I am blaming the left."

"I never went out and blamed Al Gore or any environmentalist for the crazy insane person who went to shoot up the Discovery Channel," she said.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/2981/palincrosshairs.jpg" />

Late update: A reader points out that Palin herself referred to the crosshairs/gun sights as "bullseyes" after the election.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9746/palinbullseye.jpg" />

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Jan 09, 2011 - 11:07
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

Level: 6
CS Original

Pitiful. This aide thinks that political parlor tricks are going to throw off criticism? No, I'm sorry but the whole climate of political discourse in this country needs to change, and people like Palin- who are already doing political discourse a disservice by spouting off half-assed opinions and riling up aggression to come to their political aid- is now going to have to realize that our words and views have consequences. She is not the only one, don't get me wrong, but now is the time for people like Palin to recognize that their idiotic vitriol is not benign. She should be ashamed of the culture she has helped to engender. The same goes for Alex Jones, Beck, and even the personalities of progressive radio who continue to push antagonisms between Americans.

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 09, 2011 - 11:08
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

"The same goes for Alex Jones, Beck, and even the personalities of progressive radio who continue to push antagonisms between Americans."

That's why I don't like Keith Olbermann. He's a smug, sanctimonious divider.

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]