Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Fox News' Five-Minute Terrorist Attack

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to Politics | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Oct 15, 2010 - 12:49
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

In the space of about five minutes this morning, Fox News turned a shutdown of the Brooklyn Bridge over a suspicious flashlight into an international terrorist threat before dismissing the whole thing like it never happened. It's a classic example of Fox News fear-mongering -- in this case, based on Fox's own fear-mongery "scoop" that's been a central narrative of the network's broadcast day.

Here's what actually happened, according to reports. The bridge was closed around 9:40 AM after a pedestrian notified police of a flashlight with copper wire sticking out of it on the pedestrian walkway. (The iconic landmark is currently undergoing renovations, which may explain the construction equipment lying around.)

Both sides of the bridge and the walkway were shut down for about an hour while police investigated. The suspicious flashlight turned out to be just a normal flashlight.

On Fox, however, you can go from zero to "be afraid, be very afraid" to zero again in the space of seconds.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/10/fox_news_five_minute_terrorist_attack_video_1.php?ref=tn

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Oct 15, 2010 - 12:53
(0)

Level: 12
CS Original

I'm surprised that screenshot doesn't have a big BREAKING NEWS FOX ALERT banner.

Ok nevermind. I watched the clip.

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Oct 15, 2010 - 12:58
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

I got in my bunker for nothing again. Thanks a lot Fox.

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Oct 15, 2010 - 12:59
(0)

Level: 12
CS Original

I went out and burned down 5 Mosques over this. Thanks, Rupert.

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Oct 15, 2010 - 13:17
(0)

Level: 6
CS Original

These poor girls. Why couldn't they choose a decent job, like hooker.

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]