Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - The Matt/Scitops GOP Primary Bet!

[ Add Tags ]

This forum thread is currently locked, no new replies or edits can be made.

[ Return to Politics | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: May 27, 2011 - 11:20
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

Scitops has bet me 100 dollars that Sarah Palin will win the GOP primary nomination.

I have taken this bet. Let's see who wins a hundred bucks!

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: May 27, 2011 - 16:33
(0)

Paid Disinformation Blogger

Level: 14
CS Original

I believe she won't get the nomination.

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: May 27, 2011 - 16:37
(0)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

Level: 8
CS Original

She won't win it, don't cha know?!

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: May 29, 2011 - 12:49
(0)

Bacon Pancakes! Making Bacon Pancakes, take some Bacon and I'll put it in a Pancake! Bacon Pancakes that's what it's gonna make...Bacon Pancaaaaaake!! ♪

Level: 3

Sarah Palin's cult of personality has reached it's end. She's gotta be more than a pretty face now, and frankly that was all anyone ever saw in her.

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
scitopsPosted: May 29, 2011 - 19:16
(0)

Level: 4
CS Original

I will say one thing, that if she doesn't run I am not under any obligation to pay the bet. However if she does run I believe she will win the nomination.

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: May 29, 2011 - 19:51
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

CS Original

You're betting with some fucker on the internet. I wouldn't pay shit if I lost.

#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: May 29, 2011 - 19:58
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

I will say one thing, that if she doesn't run I am not under any obligation to pay the bet.

That's reasonable.

You're betting with some fucker on the internet. I wouldn't pay shit if I lost.

That's because you're a teenager and don't have any money anyways.

#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: May 29, 2011 - 22:50
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

CS Original

@Matt

I think not. Also, nah.

#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: May 30, 2011 - 10:58
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original

^ your vote doesn't count!

#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
scitopsPosted: May 30, 2011 - 16:58
(0)

CS Original
#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: May 31, 2011 - 11:52
(0)

Bacon Pancakes! Making Bacon Pancakes, take some Bacon and I'll put it in a Pancake! Bacon Pancakes that's what it's gonna make...Bacon Pancaaaaaake!! ♪

Level: 3

I'm with Matt on this one, she's not a politician, she's a celebrity. An infamous one at that. She's known for being a quitter and a dumb bitch, not for being a great leader. She will not win no matter what Fox News says.

#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: May 31, 2011 - 12:15
(0)

CS Original

^ This.

#12 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
scitopsPosted: May 31, 2011 - 16:48
(0)

CS Original

Here's why Sarah Palin will win:

According to the latest Gallup Poll Mittens is at 17%, Mamma Grizley is at 15%, Father Liberty is at 10%, Fig Newtons is at 9%, Pizza Man is at 8%. Now many people who are voting for Bachman or Cain or Santorum are probably open to voting for Palin. She just hasn't announced yet. If/When Sister Sarah does announce she will pick up support for them. As the campaign goes on she will pick off more supporters from them because they will vote for the person who can best beat the empty suit.

Second look at the first four caucus or primary states. Iowa is going to be heavily conservative Christian and there is no way they'll vote for a mormon. Palin will win Iowa. Next is New Hampshire which Mitt will easily win. The next state is South Carolina, another conservative Christian state that will give Palin the edge. Also look for SC Gov. Niki Haley to come out strongly for Sarah Palin, whose endorsement gave her the governor's mansion. Next up Nevada. Now I confess I don't know much about caucuses, but I think they consist of a voter showing up for an hour and then voting. Not only are Palin's supporters far more likely to do this, but she'll be appealing to the same people who nominated and volunteered for Sharron Angle.

Lets not forget the tea party. In my own state I just saw the tea party win two primary elections despite being outspent 4 to one, and even 25 to one over people with establishment backing. There lone defeat was for governor where the more estableshment Republican outspent his opponent by a 100-1 margin, had a popular running mate, and backing from every major Republican. Despite this he still didn't win the primary by that much.

The only way I see Palin not winning the nomination is if she runs a Peter Schiff like campaign where she's more concerned about making money and doesn't even want to win. Even then I'm not convinced she would lose.

#13 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jun 02, 2011 - 11:45
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Palin meets with Fox News execs, still under contract with network

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) met with executives from Fox News during her bus tour's stop in New York, and she remains under contract as a contributor with the network.

"Right now there is no change in her status with Fox News," said Bill Shine, the network's vice president of programming.

Palin's status as a paid contributor with the network has been a subject of scrutiny, especially since she launched a nationwide bus tour that has prompted speculation that she could enter the GOP field.

Fox suspended the contracts of former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) and former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) after they took concrete steps toward running for president, such as working to form an exploratory committee.

At the start of her tour, Shine issued a similarly worded statement, but did not include the "right now" qualifier. “We’re not changing her status," he said last week.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/164249-palin-meets-with-fox-execs-still-under-contract</p>

I'm skeptical that either of us will win this bet, because I don't think she's actually going to run. I think this is all a publicity stunt.

#14 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Jun 02, 2011 - 13:08
(0)

CS Original

If she doesn't run, Matt, you will win the bet. She can't get the nomination if she doesn't run. (No major party has drafted a nominee in decades). I tend to think she won't run. She'd rather be famous and get rich by beating her gums on Fox News during the entirety of Obama's second term.

#15 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jun 02, 2011 - 14:38
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Nah, scitops said that if she doesn't run, I don't win the bet. I agreed to this condition.

#16 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]