Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Wanker of the Day: Rand Paul

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to Politics | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Mar 10, 2011 - 16:30
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

by BooMan
Thu Mar 10th, 2011 at 03:21:43 PM EST
If you elect a lunatic to represent you, don't be surprised when he behaves like a lunatic:

At a hearing of the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources on Thursday, Mr. Paul lambasted Kathleen Hogan, deputy assistant secretary for energy efficiency at the Energy Department, telling her that the department’s “hypocrisy” and “busybody nature” has “restricted choices” for consumers rather than made life better for them.

“You don’t care about the consumer really,” Mr. Paul said. “Frankly, my toilets don’t work in my house, and I blame you.”

Now, you might be wondering if more context would help you understand what Sen. Paul was talking about. Don't worry, the context doesn't help. The hearing was called to discuss whether or not to phase out the old incandescent light bulbs we're all used to, and to review energy efficiency standards for appliances. Sen. Paul also had other unique perspectives.

Mr. Paul also drew a pointed parallel with abortion, opening his questioning by asking Ms. Hogan, “I was wondering if you are pro-choice?”

Ms. Hogan said she was “pro-choice in light bulbs.” But Mr. Paul accused her, the Energy Department and Democrats in general of hypocrisy. “You favor a woman’s right to abortion,” he said, but “you’re really anti-choice on every other product.”

Fortunately, Sen. Paul got his head handed to him.

Mr. Paul started to leave the hearing room shortly after his turn at questioning the witness, but he was called back into the room by Senator Jeanne Shaheen, Democrat of New Hampshire, who scolded Mr. Paul for being rude to Ms. Hogan.

“I think it behooves us all not to engage in name calling,” Ms. Shaheen said. Government workers like Ms. Hogan are simply trying “to carry out the work Congress has asked them to do,” and Congress can change the law if it wants, Ms. Shaheen said.

Ms. Hogan herself had a kind word for Mr. Paul: “I can help you find a toilet that works.”

Nicely done.

http://www.boomantribune.com/story/2011/3/10/152143/351

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]